Nurse Hotline / Med-Inphomation Library
Around-the-clock service from registered nurses
National Health Discount Shield's exclusive new Nurse Hotline provides you and your family immediate access to registered nurses - 24/7/365. Plus, its Med-Inphomation service puts a full medical library right at the tips of your fingers. Now, even when your doctor is out of touch, you can still be in the know!
Family illnesses and medical emergencies don't always occur when it's most convenient. And, sometimes, it's just not enough to "take two aspirins and call in the morning." That's why the new National Health Discount Shield Nurse Hotline is fully staffed by professional nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Here are just a few of the ways you can put your National Health Discount Shield "Nurse-on-Call" to work for you and your family:
The National Health Discount Shield Nurse Hotline can save you thousands of dollars and endless hours of needless worry. Plus, it can help you keep well informed about the latest breakthroughs in medical treatments. Now, at last, quality care is a call away!
- Assistance in sizing up symptoms and determining how serious they actually are (Should you go to the emergency room, or wait until morning to see a doctor?)
- Answers to urgent questions about sports and playground injuries
- Help in understanding the critical difference between medical facts and folklore
- Advice on nutrition, exercise, and weight loss
- Sound advice on whether your children's aches are serious problems, or just growing pains
- Guidance on the correct use of medication and tips on avoiding unwanted drug interactions
- Insights into new treatments and drugs, including complementary medicine topics such as herbal medicine, acupuncture, aromatherapy
- Information on women's health issues, such as pregnancy and menopause
- Answers to important questions on childhood diseases, bug bits, and signs of allergic reactions
Some medical needs don't require a trip to the doctor, or even a call to the Nurse Hotline. Sometimes, all you need is enough information about an illness or an injury to help you feel better about waiting a while to see what develops. Or, maybe just some reassurance that what you're feeling is nothing out of the ordinary.
That's why National Health Discount Shield has put together its comprehensive, interactive Med-Inphomation Library. Simply by dialing one number, you can now get important information and answers about more than 50 common health topics affecting most Americans. Quickly, conveniently, and confidentially, you can learn about such vital health care topics as:
It's the first fully interactive Med-Inphomation Library ever. Always and only for National Health Discount Shield Care Members.
- Men's Health
- Weight Control
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Sports Medicine
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Women's Health
- Teenage Concerns
- Drug Abuse
- Pregnancy and Birth